ATLANTA, Ga. -- Both FGCU and North Alabama earned victories on the road Monday night to remain unbeaten in ASUN Conference Women's Basketball play as Jacksonville and Kennesaw State were also victorious. The Dolphins and Owls each move to 1-2 in conference play by earning their first wins in league competition.
Today's Top ASUN Conference Performances
• Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State: 27 Points (10-10 FGs, 7-9 FTs), 11 Rebounds
• Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville: 28 Points (12-13 FGs)
• Taylor Clark, Lipscomb: 21 Points (8-16 FGs)
• Nasrin Ulel, FGCU: 16 Points (6-12 FGs), 6 Rebounds, 4 Assists
• Ivy Wallen, North Alabama: 16 Points (4-9 FGs, 6-8 FTs), 6 Assists
• Adrienne Jackson, North Florida: 13 Points (4-5 FGs), 18 Rebounds
Jacksonville 88, NJIT 67
- Kiara Meeks scored 16 and Da'Nasia Shaw recorded 12 to join Marshall in double-digit scoring for JAX.
- Jacksonville forced NJIT to commit 23 turnovers compared to 13 by the Dolphins. Shakayla Nevitt tallied five steals.
- JAX extends its win streak over the Highlanders to nine games and improves to 6-2 at home this season.
North Alabama 76, Liberty 71 (OT)
- The Lions remain one of only two league squads to be undefeated in conference play as they improve to 4-0.
- Three other UNA players scored in double figures: Brittany Panetti (14), Olivia Noah (13), Kenysha Coulson (12).
- North Alabama lost the rebounding battle 50-37 but was able to hold Liberty to 34 percent shooting from the field.
FGCU 72, North Florida 50
-FGCU wins its 32nd consecutive conference match against North Florida in the 72-50 victory
-The Eagles registered four players in double figures as Nasrin Ulel led all scorers with 16 points.
-North Florida's Adrienne Jackson grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds and added 13 points for a double-double.
Kennesaw State 74, Lipscomb 66
-Kennesaw State's Alexis Poole goes 10-10 from the floor 27 points, 11 rebound double-double.
-The Owls held Lipscomb to 10 points in the fourth quarter and outscored the Bisons 46-31 in the second half to secure the come-from-behind win.
-Carlotta Gianolla added a double-double for Kennesaw State with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Saturday, Jan. 18
NJIT vs. Kennesaw State - 1 PM (ESPN+)
Jacksonville vs. Stetson - 1 PM (ESPN+)
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.
Tweets by ASUNWBB