MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Paige Stoner received the Atlantic Sun Women's Cross Country Runner of the Week, announced Wednesday by the conference office.
Stoner wrote her name in the Lipscomb record books after her performance Saturday at the Commodore Classic, hosted by Vanderbilt University. Running in a field of 260 runners, Stoner finished 17th and was the top runner for Lipscomb. Her time of 17:33.39 in the 5K ranks as the third-best time in Lipscomb history. Stoner led the Lady Bisons to a fourth place finish out of 17 teams.
Lipscomb and Stoner return to the course on Friday, September 26 in the Coast to Coast Battle in Bean Town in Boston, Mass.
Atlantic Sun Women's Cross Country Runner of the Week - Sept. 17th
Paige Stoner | Lipscomb | Freshman
Pottsville, Pa. | Nursing
- First Career Atlantic Sun Runner of the Week honor
- Top Lipscomb runner, finishing 17th out of 260
- Crossed the finish line with a time of 17:33.39 in the women's 5k event
- Her time ranks third all-time in program history
- Led Lipscomb to a fourth place finish out of 17 teams
Other Nominees: Kelly Burrows, Northern Kentucky; Clarissa Consol, Stetson
|Atlantic Sun Women's Cross Country Runner of the Week|
|Sept. 3||Barbara Lee Ball, Lipscomb|
|Sept. 10||Andelka Tancic, North Florida|
|Sept. 17||Paige Stoner, Lipscomb|