Championship Page | Bracket | Photo Gallery | Official Highlights
KENNESAW, Ga. - The No. 4 Liberty Flames took down No. 5 Stetson in first round action of the 2018 ASUN Volleyball Conference Championship on Thursday evening at the KSU Convocation Center. The Flames took the match in straight sets, helping them advance to the semifinal on Friday night against No. 1 FGCU.
Liberty took the first set 25-20. Victoria Baptista registered four kills and five digs in the opening set. The Flames followed that up with a 25-21 win in the second set. ASUN First Teamer, Casey Goodwin flexed her muscle in the second set with six kills, two blocks and a dig.
They went on to close out the match in the third set by the score of 25-20. Goodwin recorded another five kills and four digs in the game's final set. She finished the match with 15 kills, five digs and five blocks. Baptista chipped in with a double-double of 11 kills and 14 digs. The front line of Liberty backed a strong defensive effort with 14 blocks, 57 digs and held Stetson to a .098 hitting percentage. Second Team All-Conference member, Kainah Williams was dominant on the block with a match-high seven blocks.
Liberty now moves on to the semifinal where they meet top-seed FGCU. It is Liberty's first ever appearance in the semifinal, as they are new to the league this season.
No. 4 Liberty vs. No. 5 Stetson Game Notes
- With Liberty's 3-0 win over Stetson, they finish the season not surrendering a set to the Hatters
- Casey Goodwin registered 15 or more kills for the seventh time this season
- Stetson finishes the year with 16 wins, a win improvement of +13, which leads the nation
- Liberty's win helps No. 4 seeds improve to 20-5 all-time against the No. 5 seed in the ASUN Volleyball Championship
- The Flames now face No. 1 FGCU on Friday, November 16th at 5 PM ET.