LakePoint, Ga. - Lipscomb's Kacey Kemper runs the conference's fastest 3000m steeplechase of the year, while Erica Sergeant breaks another Kennesaw State record to garner ASUN Outdoor Track and Field honors, as announced by the league office this Wednesday.
Kacey Kemper crushed her previous personal record with a 10:23.22 in the Crimson Tide Invite 3000m steeplechase this weekend. Her pace is over a minute faster than her previous career-best and as she raced to first place in Tuscaloosa. Kemper's time is the fastest performance in the ASUN this year by 18 seconds and currently ranks seventh in the NCAA East. The junior sits in 18th nationally and claims Lipscomb's first Women's ASUN Track Athlete of the Week award this year.
Erica Sergeant is taking home the first ASUN field honor of her career and the second for Kennesaw State this year after clearing 3.82m in the UNF pole vault. Her clearance was good for first overall and beat the previous school record by just .01 meters. The sophomore is tops of the conference by nearly a foot and her tally this last weekend is 52nd in the NCAA East Region. Sergeant is now the program record holder in both indoor (3.90m) and outdoor seasons.
ASUN Women's Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week - Apr. 12th
Kacey Kemper, Lipscomb
Junior | Edmonds, Wash. | Biology
- First Career ASUN Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week Award
- Won the Crimson Tide Invite 3000m steeplechase with a 10:23.22
- Pace beat a personal record by more than a minute
- Steeple time leads the ASUN field by 18 seconds
- Currently ranks seventh in the NCAA East Region and 18th in D-I Track and Field
Other Nominees: Jacquelyne Baldwin, Jacksonville; Hannah Wood, Kennesaw State; Tianna Hearn, North Florida.
ASUN Women's Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week - Apr. 12th
Erica Sergeant, Kennesaw State
Sophomore | Lake Mary, Fla. | Nursing
- First Career ASUN Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week Award
- Won the UNF Invite pole vault with a clearance of 3.82m
- Tally is a personal best, setting a new school record by .01 meters
- Pole vault marker leads the ASUN field by nearly a foot
- Currently ranks 52nd in the NCAA East Region
Other Nominees: Samantha Turner, Jacksonville.
|Date||Track Athlete of the Week||Field Athlete of the Week|
|Mar. 22||Mary Jeanne Assinzo, Jacksonville||Alyssa Young, North Florida|
|Mar. 29||Eden Meyer, North Florida||Jordan Gray, Kennesaw State|
|Apr. 5||Jocselyn Powell, Kennesaw State||Samantha Turner, Jacksonville|
|Apr. 12||Kacey Kemper, Lipscomb||Erica Sergeant, Kennesaw State|