ATLANTA, Ga. - Liberty's two shutout conference wins led to Kasey Jamieson and Cora Duininck earning his week's ASUN Conference Women's Soccer honors, announced by the conference office on Monday. The awards marked career firsts for both Jamieson and Duininck.
Women's Soccer Player of the Week
Kasey Jamieson, Liberty
Sophomore | Forward | Lansing, Mich.
- First Career Player of the Week Award; second Liberty player to win the award this season
- Tallied a team-high three points scoring a goal along with an assist in wins over Lipscomb and North Alabama
- Netted her goal in the second half to seal the win over the Bisons
- Posted the game-winning assist over North Alabama to defeat the Lions
- Currently ranks second on the team with 13 points scoring five goals with three assists this season
Other Nominees: Evdokia Popadinova, FGCU; Emely Sosa, Kennesaw State; Thais Reiss, North Florida.
Women's Soccer Defensive Player the Week
Cora Duininck, Liberty
Junior | Defender | Tulsa, Okla.
- First Career Defensive Player of the Week honor; third Liberty player to win the honor in program history
- Anchored backline which earned a pair of conference shutouts over Lipscomb and North Alabama
- Helped the Flames defeat Lipscomb, the reigning ASUN Regular Season Champion, 2-0 at home; the only ASUN team in the conference to defeat the Bisons in the last two seasons
- Helped hold the reigning ASUN Player of the Year, Olivia Doak of Lipscomb, to just two shots (one on goal) while holding the league's leading goal scorer, UNA's Shelby Wall, to just three shots (one on goal)
- Scored the second goal of the season in Liberty's 3-0 victory vs. North Alabama
Other Nominees: Lindsey Patton, FGCU; Lorena Cedeno, North Florida.
2019 Season Award Winners
Oct. 7th | Player: Kasey Jamieson, Liberty; Defensive Player: Cora Duininck, Liberty
Sept. 30th | Player: Louise Lillback, FGCU; Defensive Player: Jessica Aseng, NJIT
Sept. 23rd | Player: Evdokia Popadinova, FGCU; Defensive Player: Melissa Weck, FGCU
Sept. 16th | Player: Gabrielle Farrel, Liberty; Defensive Player: Melody Jayroe, Liberty
Sept. 9th | Player: Maggie Struble, Stetson; Defensive Player: Katia Hanger, Lipscomb
Sept. 3rd | Player: Thais Reiss, North Florida; Defensive Player: Sophia Thompson, North Florida
Aug. 26th | Player: Thais Reiss, North Florida; Defensive Player: Molly Saylor, NJIT
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.
Tweets by ASUNSoccer