ATLANTA, Ga. - ASUN Conference Women's Soccer is nearing the end of non-conference play with one final weekend to go before league action begins on September 21. To wrap up the action against non-league opponents, ASUN teams will play a combined 13 contests over Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday in which three can be found on the ESPN family of networks.
FGCU remains unbeaten after taking down Ohio State, their third Power 5 victory of the year before tying with Dayton to now stand at 5-0-1. Kennesaw State continues their hot start at 7-1 while Lipscomb, NJIT, North Alabama and North Florida all have at least four wins to this point of the season.
*Schedule may be affected by Hurricane Florence approaching the East Coast. For all updates, please follow @ASUNSoccer or go to ASUNsports.org.
Next Two Matches: at FIU (9/13 - 7 PM); at Loyola (Ill.) (9/16 - 2 PM, ESPN+)
Last Two Matches: T, 0-0 vs. Dayton; W, 1-0 vs. Ohio State
- The Eagles are one of 20 NCAA D-I teams who are still undefeated on the season.
- Evdokia Popadinova scored in five-straight contests before the scoreless tie vs. Dayton.
- FGCU has won six in a row vs. FIU with the last three coming via shutout performances.
- Loyola (Ill.) is a brand new opponent for FGCU as they travel to Chicago.
Next Two Matches: vs. FGCU (9/21 - 7 PM); vs. Stetson (9/23 - 1 PM)
Last Two Matches: L, 2-1 at Charleston Southern; T, 1-1 vs. Miami (Fla.)
- The Dolphins have scored in five-straight after being shutout in their first three games.
- Brittany Hundley ranks third in the ASUN with 36 saves.
- Each of JU's five goals has come from five different players, all underclassmen.
- The Dolphins' match with The Citadel on 9/14 was canceled due to Hurricane Florence.
Kennesaw State (7-1)
Next Two Matches: at Samford (9/13 - 8 PM, ESPN+); vs. Mercer (9/16 - 6 PM, ESPN+)
Last Two Matches: W, 2-1 vs. Georgia; W, 1-0 vs. Georgia Southern
- Kennesaw State is one of only eight NCAA teams to have at least seven wins so far this season.
- ASUN Player of the Week Erin Harris earned her first award after totaling five points last week.
- The Owls are 3-6 all-time vs. Samford with their last win coming last year by a 1-0 score.
- Mercer is an opponent in which KSU is 9-3 against. The Owls won 2-0 on the road in 2017.
Next Two Matches: at James Madison (9/12 - 7 PM); at Kennesaw State (9/21 - 6:30 PM, ESPN3)
Last Two Matches: L, 5-0 at Clemson; L, 6-0 at #6 Virginia
- The Flames' match with JMU will be their fifth-straight road game, three of which were in Virginia.
- Senior Devon Sipala leads her team with two goals and four points.
- Liberty closes non-conference play vs. James Madison who they lost to 2-1 in 2017.
- Kennesaw State will be the first ASUN opponent in Liberty's program history.
Next Two Matches: at Cincinnati (9/13 - 6 PM CT); vs. Kentucky (9/16 - 6 PM CT, Facebook Live)
Last Two Matches: W, 3-2 (OT) vs. Miami (OH); L, 2-0 at Northern Kentucky
- Maycie McKay has come back from injury in 2017 to tie for second in the conference with four assists.
- Lipscomb has attempted 45 corner kicks, the most among ASUN teams.
- The Bisons are 0-1-1 against Cincinnati, losing 4-0 in 2017.
- Kentucky represents the second Power 5 team Lipscomb will play during the 2018 season. They lost to Miami (Fla.) 1-0.
Next Two Matches: vs. Temple (9/14 - 3:30 PM, Highlander Network); at UMBC (9/16 - 1 PM)
Last Two Matches: L, 3-1 vs. Quinnipiac; W, 2-0 at Rider
- Katrina Nguyen-DeMary places fifth in the league with three assists.
- Amelia Sapirman ranks second in GAA in the ASUN, giving up 0.69 per game. She has allowed only five goals this year.
- The Highlanders have never beaten Temple, holding a 0-3 record against the Owls.
- NJIT meets UMBC for the first time when it travels to Baltimore.
North Alabama (5-3)
Next Two Matches: at Chattanooga (9/13 - 7 PM); vs. Troy (9/16 - 2 PM CT, Lion Vision)
Last Two Matches: L, 2-1 vs UAB; L, 2-0 vs. Abilene Christian
- Shelby Wall leads the ASUN with 17 points. She scored her fifth goal vs. UAB.
- UNA averages 2.5 goals per game, the best among all ASUN programs.
- The Lions' final road non-conference game pits them against Chattanooga for the first time.
- North Alabama closes non-conference play by hosting Troy, their fifth Alabama-based opponent.
North Florida (4-3)
Next Two Matches: vs. Webber International (9/13 - 7 PM, Facebook Live); vs. Stetson (9/21 - 7 PM, Facebook Live)
Last Two Matches: W, 3-1 at South Carolina State; W, 1-0 at Appalachian State
- UNF has won its past four matches by a combined goal differential of seven goals. They won five-straight in 2017.
- 2017 ASUN Freshman of the Year Thais Reiss has scored in each of the last two games.
- The Ospreys face Webber International for the first time on Thursday.
- North Florida will look to build upon a 2016 1-0 victory over Wofford.
Next Two Matches: vs. UCF (9/16 - 7 PM, Hatter Vision); at North Florida (9/21 - 7 PM, Facebook Live)
Last Two Matches: T, 1-1 vs. Miami (Fla.); L, 2-0 at LSU
- Junior goalkeeper Emily Plotz tops the ASUN with 47 saves and is on pace to set a career-high this year.
- The Hatters are undefeated when they score two or more goals in a contest.
- Stetson looks for their first win against UCF when they host the Knights on Sunday.
- ASUN Conference play begins for Stetson with a trip to North Florida. SU won 3-0 in 2017.