ATLANTA, Ga. - The ASUN Conference awarded the 2019 ASUN Lacrosse Scholar-Athlete of the Year honor to Coastal Carolina's Madeline Bromley as she becomes the first Chanticleer to win the award, the league office announced at its annual awards banquet on Wednesday. Bromley is joined by 11 other lacrosse student-athletes on this year's All-Academic Team.
The senior from Cary, N.C. has been a stellar player for her entire career with Coastal. This season, she has recorded 60 points behind 36 goals and 24 assists. She has taken 79 total shots, while scoring 16 times from the free position. 28 of her points came during conference play this year where she scored 16 goals and assisted on 12 others.
In the classroom, Bromley has been a standout for her entire academic career. She owns a nearly-perfect 3.96 GPA as a Communications major. She has been named to the Coastal Carolina University President's or Dean's List every semester of classes since 2016. Her appearance on the 2019 ASUN All-Academic Team marks her second-straight while she claims her first Scholar-Athlete of the Year honor.
The All-Academic Team recognizes student-athletes who excel both on the field and in the classroom and exemplify the ASUN's mission of Building Winners for Life. All the members of the team boast a 3.30 cumulative grade point average or better and participated in at least half of their team's games.
ASUN LACROSSE ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
- # Madeline Bromley, Coastal Carolina (Senior | 3.96 | Communications)
- % Haley Alexander, Coastal Carolina (Senior | 3.75 | Biology)
- Megan Kilpatrick, Coastal Carolina (Junior | 3.82 | Recreation & Sports Management)
- Hayley Ciklin, Jacksonville (Graduate | 3.75 | Sports Management)
- Jenny Kinsey, Jacksonville (Sophomore | 3.91 | Chemistry)
- Lillie Miller, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.78 | Pre-Business)
- Casey Sullivan, Jacksonville (Sophomore | 4.00 | Nursing)
- Alex Bunn, Kennesaw State (Junior | 3.66 | Mechanical Engineering)
- Siena Gore, Kennesaw State (Sophomore | 4.00 | Engineering Technology)
- Marissa Gore, Kennesaw State (Sophomore | 4.00 | Electrical Engineering)
- Kayla Foster, Liberty (Senior | 3.63 | Exercise Science)
- # Bailey Busscher. Stetson (Junior 4.00 | Finance)
# - Denotes a two-time All-Academic Team selection
%- Denotes a three-time All-Academic Team selection