ATLANTA, Ga. - ASUN Conference Women's Lacrosse regular season action wrapped up Sunday afternoon, as Kennesaw State and Jacksonville picked up victories. Kennesaw State clinched the final spot in the ASUN Championship, as they downed Howard. Jacksonville took the ASUN regular season championship outright, as they defeated Stetson in DeLand. Coastal Carolina dropped their season finale, as they fell to Elon, 15-13.
ASUN Women's Lacrosse Schedule - April 28th
- Kennesaw State 25, Howard 3
- Elon 15, Coastal Carolina 13
- Jacksonville 22, Stetson 3
Kennesaw State finished off the 2019 regular season with postseason-clinching win, as they raced by Howard by a score of 22-3. The win helped the Owls clinch the final spot in the ASUN Championship as the four seed. Madison McGhee led the charge for KSU, as she tallied a game-high eight points with three goals and five assists. Siena Gore, the ASUN's leading scorer, tallied seven points on five goals and two assists. Six other Owls tallied at least three points, while 14 total notched at least one point. Kennesaw State will take on #1 seed Jacksonville in the ASUN Championship next Thursday, May 2nd at 1 PM ET.
Jacksonville clinched the ASUN regular season title outright on Sunday, as the breezed by Stetson 22-3. The Hatters jumped out to a 2-0 lead, but the Dolphins quickly responded by ending the first half on a 13-0 run to take a 13-2 lead into the locker room. It was much of the same in the second half, as JU outscored Stetson 9-1 in final stanza. Jenny Kinsey led the way for Jacksonville, as she tallied eight points on six goals and two assists. Alyssa Arnold notched five points and a hat trick, while Alexis Deaken scored four goals for the Dolphins.
#1 Jacksonville Dolphins (14-3; 6-0) - Follow @JUWLAX
- Jacksonville won their seventh-straight ASUN regular season title. They enter the ASUN Championship as the #1 seed for the sixth time
- The Dolphins have won six of the seven ASUN Championships, including the last two against Coastal Carolina
#2 Liberty Flames (13-4; 5-1) - Follow @LibertyWLax
- Liberty enters the ASUN Championship as the #2 seed. The Flames have tied a program record with 13 wins
- The last #2 seed to win the ASUN Championship was Jacksonville back in 2017
#3 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (12-5; 4-2) - Follow @CoastalWLax
- The Chanticleers roll into the ASUN Championship as the #3 seed and the host of this year's championship
- Coastal looks to make its third-straight appearance in the ASUN Championship Final.
#4 Kennesaw State Owls (8-9; 3-3) - Follow @KSUOwlsLAX
- Kennesaw State is making its second-straight appearance in the ASUN Championship and fourth in their last five seasons
- The Owls look to claim their first-ever victory in the ASUN Championship. They are 0-4 all-time in the ASUN Championship
|Team||ASUN Record||Overall Record|
|#3 Coastal Carolina*||4-2||12-5|
|#4 Kennesaw State*||3-3||8-9|