ATLANTA, Ga. - Stetson's Justine Lauer shined in her debut for the Hatters and collects the first ASUN Conference Women's Golfer of the Week honor for the new season, announced by the league office on Thursday.
A junior transfer from Utah Valley, Lauer carded a four-over to finish tied for fourth in her debut event with Stetson. The native of France started her play with back-to-back rounds of 72 before finishing with a four-over 76 on Monday in the final round of play at the William & Mary Invitational held at the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va. Lauer finished 10 strokes back of the eventual champion who was the only player to break par in the final round. Inclement weather played a part in the first two rounds of play, causing the field to see higher scores as a result.
ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week - Sept. 13th
Justine Lauer, Stetson
Junior | LeEtang La Ville, France | Health Sciences
- First Career ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week honor
- Posted the top finish of any Hatters player with a +4 overall mark to tie for fourth
- First event with Stetson after transferring from Utah Valley State
- Finished the first two rounds with scores of 72-72 before carding a 76 in the final round
- Makes next appearance at the USA Intercollegiate held in Mobile, Ala. Sept. 15- 17
Other Nominees: Kelsy Holbert, FGCU; Lauryn Davidson, Lipscomb.
2018-19 Season Award Winners
Sept. 13th - Justine Lauer, Stetson