LakePoint, Ga. - USC Upstate's Pan Paksanont torched the course at the Terrier Intercollegiate to earn her second-straight ASUN Conference Women's Golfer of the Week, announced by the league office on Thursday.
In the two-round tournament, Paksanont opened with a 77 at the Country Club of Spartanburg on Monday. On day two, she improved her score by 10 strokes with a five-under par, 67, to tie her career-low and program record, which she set last week at the FAU Fall Invitational. The sophomore from Nonthaburi, Thailand carded eight birdies on Tuesday to move up into a tie for second place at the event and bring the Spartans to a fourth-place team finish.
ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week - Oct. 26th
Pan Paksanont, USC Upstate
Sophomore | Nonthaburi, Thailand | Exercise & Sport Science
- Second Career ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week honor; second-straight
- Tied her career-low and school-record of 67 in final round of Terrier Intercollegiate
- Finished in a tie for second place at even par (144) for the tournament
- Guided Spartans to a fourth-place team finish in a field of 11 squads
- Totaled eight birdies in final round; finished two strokes behind medalist
Other Nominees: Ailsa Clark, FGCU; Michelle Forsland, Jacksonville; Madison Caldwell, Kennesaw State.
|Date||ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week||Team|
|Sept. 21||Kaye Kwon||North Florida|
|Sept. 28||Madison Caldwell||Kennesaw State|
|Oct. 5th||Amanda Detmer / Michelle Forsland||Jacksonville|
|Oct. 12th||Michelle Forsland||Jacksonville|
|Oct. 19th||Pan Paksanont / Erikah Neger||USC Upstate / Stetson|
|Oct. 26th||Pan Paksanont||USC Upstate|