LakePoint, Ga. - Kennesaw State's Madison Caldwell opened the 2017 fall season in recording-breaking style to earn her second career ASUN Conference Women's Golfer of the Week honor, announced by the league office on Thursday.
Teeing off at the Lady Paladin Invitational, Caldwell guided the Owls a three-place finish in a field of 17 teams and 93 competitors with a seven-under par total of 209. The junior from Dawsonville, Ga., began the tournament with an even par 72 before dropping two strokes off her scorecard in round two for a 70. The final day of competition, Caldwell shined with a five-under par 67 which tied the program's fourth-best score on a par 72 course. Her tournament total of 209 set the KSU record for 54-hole total on a par 72 course.
Next up for Caldwell and the Owls is the Johnie Imes Invitational hosted by the Missouri Tigers at the Club at Old Hawthorne in Columbia, Mo.
ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week - Sept. 28th
Madison Caldwell, Kennesaw State
Junior | Dawsonville, Ga. | Management
- Second Career ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week honor; 26th all-time for KSU
- Finished third at the Lady Paladin Invitational in a field of 93 golfers
- Opened with a even par 72 before added a two-under 70 & five-under 67
- Capped the tournament at seven-under par, setting program record for par 72 course
- Led Owls to a third-place team finish overall out of 17 teams
- Her final round of 67 is tied for fourth lowest on par-72 course in KSU history
Other Nominees: Pan Paksanont, USC Upstate.
|Date||ASUN Women's Golfer of the Week||Team|
|Sept. 21||Kaye Kwon||North Florida|
|Sept. 28||Madison Caldwell||Kennesaw State|