ATLANTA, Ga. - Jacksonville's Rolanda Hayes, Stetson's Jon'Nita Henry and Lipscomb's Kailey Rosenbaum had excellent showings on the court to close out the 2018 portion of the season schedule and have been recognized as ASUN Conference Women's Basketball weekly award winners, announced by the league office on Tuesday.
Her first career ASUN Player of the Week honor, Hayes broke out for the best game of her career, scoring 29 points as part of a road victory for Jacksonville against FIU. Hitting 10-of-14 shots from the floor, Hayes set her new career-high in scoring while also dishing out four assists. After the contest, the senior guard now averages 4.9 PPG, up from just 2.2 PPG heading into her breakout against the Panthers. Her output was even more momentous as she matched her entire single-season output from last season in this one contest after scoring just 29 points total during the 2017-18 season.
Jon'Nita Henry wins her first individual honor, taking home Newcomer of the Week after notching a career-high 16 points vs. Pennsylvania. A transfer from Snead State CC, the junior guard continued her recent streak of good play, now averaging 8.0 PPG in her last four to raise her season average to 6.3 PPG. While playing 35 of 40 minutes against the Ivy League foes, the Alabama native also grabbed four rebounds and recorded two steals to help pad out her stat line in the best game of the season for the Stetson newcomer. The honor marks the second for Stetson this year after Addi Walters won during the week of Dec. 10th.
Lipscomb's first individual award recipient of the 2018-19 season, Kailey Rosenbaum produced her third double-digit scoring output of the season with 10 points against Morehead State. Making her first start for the Bisons in the last five contests, Rosenbaum made four shots from the floor to mark a consistent threat the Eagles had to monitor. The Tennessee native also pulled down four boards, including three on the offensive side of the court. Heading into ASUN league play, Rosenbaum sits second among all freshmen in the conference with a 7.5 PPG mark, good for third on the Bisons' roster.
ASUN Women's Basketball Players of the Week - Jan. 1st
Rolanda Hayes, Jacksonville
Senior | Guard | Rockledge, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week honor; first for Jacksonville this season
- Scored a career-high 29 points in road victory against FIU
- Hit 10-of-14 shots from the floor including 5-of-6 from beyond the arc
- Added four assists and three rebounds to the Dolphins' winning effort
- More than doubled her season scoring average to now sit at 4.9 PPG after 10 games played
Other Nominees: Arianna Emanuel-Wright, North Florida; Sarah Sagerer, Stetson.
ASUN Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Jan. 1st
Jon'Nita Henry, Stetson
Junior | Guard | Brent, Ala. | Business Administration
- First Career ASUN Conference Newcomer of the Week award; second for Stetson this season
- Scored a career-high 16 points against Penn to close out 2018
- In 35 minutes on the floor, made 6-of-11 shots including a career-best 4-of-9 from deep
- Added four rebounds and two steals to her stat line against the Ivy League foe
- Raised her scoring average to 6.3 PPG after averaging 8.0 PPG over the last four contests
Other Nominees: Jazz Bond, North Florida.
ASUN Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week - Jan. 1st
Freshman | Forward | Dickson, Tenn. | Business
- First Career ASUN Conference Freshman of the Week Award; second all-time for Lipscomb
- Produced her third double-digit scoring output of the year with 10 vs. Morehead State
- Set a career-high with three assists in her first start in five games
- Grabbed three offensive rebounds as part of her four total vs. the Eagles
- Second among all ASUN freshmen with 7.5 PPG heading into league action
ASUN Women's Basketball 2018-19 Weekly Winners
Nov. 12th - Player: Kamiyah Street, KSU | Newcomer: Emily Lytle, Liberty | Freshman: Amani Johnson, KSU
Nov. 19th - Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Newcomer: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Freshman: Amani Johnson, KSU
Nov. 26th - Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Newcomer: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Freshman: Johne' Stewart, Jacksonville
Dec. 3rd - Player: Chandler Ryan, FGCU | Newcomer: Simina Avram, KSU | Freshman: Lauren Gross, North Florida
Dec. 10th - Player: Brittany Panetti, UNA | Newcomer: Addi Walters, Stetson | Freshman: Mya McMillian, Liberty
Dec. 17th - Player: Kelly Guarino, NJIT | Newcomer: Davion Wingate, FGCU | Freshman: Tanner Bryant, FGCU
Dec. 23rd - Player: Ivy Wallen, UNA & Sarah Sagerer, Stetson | Newcomer: Jazz Bond, UNF | Freshman: Bianca Fizouaty, Stetson
Jan. 1st - Player: Rolanda Hayes, Jacksonville | Newcomer: Jon'Nita Henry, Stetson | Freshman: Kailey Rosenbaum, Lipscomb