ATLANTA, Ga. - FGCU's Keri Jewett-Giles and Amani Johnson of Kennesaw State were dominant in multiple facets on the court last week and have been selected as the ASUN Conference Women's Basketball weekly award winners, announced by the conference office on Monday.
A transfer from Southern Miss, Jewett-Giles is the first multi-award winner of the 2018-19 season. Pouring in a pair of double-digit scoring games, the Fort Myers native averaged 16.5 PPG across two FGCU victories in blowout fashion. In both contests, her 15 points vs. Florida Memorial and 18 against FIU led her team in scoring as she dropped in 58.3% of her overall field goal attempts and shot 40% from beyond the arc as well. The junior guard filled out the stat sheet averaging three rebounds per game as well as dishing out a total of five assists on the week.
Johnson repeats as ASUN Freshman of the Week after producing another week that was impactful on both sides of the court across two Kennesaw State contests. The guard from North Versailles, Penn., started the week by scoring a career-high 17 points in a home victory over Furman on a 45.5 shooting clip. She also dished out five assists and grabbed five rebounds to even KSU's overall record to 2-2 after that game. At East Carolina to conclude the week, the guard scored four points and made her impact elsewhere, dishing out another five assists while pulling in seven rebounds.
ASUN Women's Basketball Player of the Week & Newcomer of the Week - Nov. 19th
Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU
Junior | Guard | Fort Myers, Fla. | Sport Management
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week honor & Newcomer of the Week award
- Extends FGCU's all-time mark to 37 Player of the Week awards which tops all ASUN programs
- Poured in 16.5 PPG in a perfect 2-0 week for FGCU, including a team high 18 in a 100-58 win over FIU at home
- Former Southern Miss product converted on 58.3% of her total shots as well as 40.0% from deep
- Averaged 3.0 RPG and 2.5 APG while playing in 18.5 minutes per game during two blowout victories for the Eagles
Other Player of the Week Nominees: Kamiyah Street, Kennesaw State; Kierra Johnson-Graham, Liberty; Emma Wallen, North Alabama.
Other Newcomer of the Week Nominees: Simina Avram, Kennesaw State; Emily Lytle, Liberty.
Congratulations to @_CallmeKeroee of @FGCU_WBB! Her excellent week in leading the Eagles to two blowout wins has garnered her both the #ASUNWBB Player of the Week and Newcomer of the Week for November 19th! #WingsUp #rainingthrees— #ASUNWBB �� (@ASUNWBB) November 19, 2018
READ MORE: https://t.co/gjQtCLXJTw pic.twitter.com/DLsIqViKyH
ASUN Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week - Nov. 19th
Amani Johnson, Kennesaw State
Freshman | Guard | North Versailles, Pa.
- Second Career ASUN Conference Freshman of the Week Award
- Gives KSU the all-time record with eight individual freshman honors since the award began last year
- Tallied a career-high 17 points in a home victory vs. Furman; added four points to her weekly tally on the road at East Carolina
- Stuffed the stat sheet once again by averaging 6.0 rebounds per game as well as 5.0 assists per contest
- Currently sits as one of just two players in the ASUN to average more than 5.0 APG with 5.6 per night
Other Nominees: Tanner Bryant, FGCU; Bionca Fizouaty, Stetson.
ASUN Women's Basketball 2018-19 Weekly Winners
Nov. 12th - Player: Kamiyah Street, KSU | Newcomer: Emily Lytle, Liberty | Freshman: Amani Johnson, KSU
Nov. 19th - Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Newcomer: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU | Freshman: Amani Johnson, KSU