LakePoint, Ga. - Jacksonville's Kayla Gordon and Naqaiyyah Teague, along with Stetson's Michelle Pruitt grabbed this week's awards announced by the league office on Tuesday. Gordon takes home her first Player of the Week award, while Teague and Pruitt claim honors for yet another time this season.
Kayla Gordon picks up her first career ASUN Player of the Week award, after notching six Newcomer honors her freshman year. The senior averaged 16 PPG, 12 RPG and 46.7% shooting in a 3-0 week for Jacksonville. Gordon also recorded back-to-back double-doubles against Kennesaw State and Lipscomb. The forward leads the league in boards, averaging 9.5 per game and after last week is now Jacksonville's all-time leader in rebounds with 961.
The senior guard, Naqaiyyah Teague racks up her third ASUN Newcomer of the Week award averaging 10.3 PPG this past week. Teague shot 58.3% from the field and grabbed a total of 10 steals, eight which came against Kennesaw State. She also grabbed 20 rebounds on the week, averaging 6.7 per game.
Stetson's Michelle Pruitt continues to step up her game for the Hatters as she earns her third consecutive Freshman of the Week award. The forward shot an impressive 69% from the field in a 1-2 week for Stetson and leads the league in FG% averaging 58%. She also recorded a double-double of 18 rebounds and 19 points in Stetson's win over NJIT, which was a season-high for the freshman.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week - Feb. 13
Kayla Gordon, Jacksonville
Senior | Forward | Meridian, Miss. | Exercise Science
- First Career ASUN Player of the Week award; third for Jacksonville this season
- Averaged 16 PPG, 12 RPG and 46.7% from the field in a 3-0 week for the Dolphins
- Recorded back-to-back double-doubles against Kennesaw State and Lipscomb
- Racked up a total of 36 rebounds on the week; leads the ASUN averaging 9.5 RPG
- Becomes Jacksonville's all-time leader in rebounds with a career total of 961
Other Nominees: Tytionia Adderly, FGCU; Loren Cagle, Lipscomb; Tesh Hanson, North Florida; Tamera Thorpe, USC Upstate
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Feb. 13
Naqaiyyah Teague, Jacksonville
Senior | Guard | Newark, N.J. | Sports Management
- Third Career ASUN Newcomer of the Week award
- Recorded double figures in two of three games for Jacksonville, while averaging 10.3 on the week
- Shot an average of 58.3% from the floor and 75% from the charity stripe
- Grabbed 10 steals over three games; eight came against Kennesaw State
- Almost nabbed a double-double against Lipscomb with nine rebounds and 14 points
Other Nominees: Kamiyah Street, Kennesaw State; Keonna Famer, North Florida
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week - Feb. 13
Michelle Pruitt, Stetson
Freshman | Forward | Homewood, Ill. | Sport Business
- Fourth Career ASUN Freshman of the Week Award; third consecutive
- Averaged an impressive 69.0% shooting from the field this past week for the Hatters
- Recorded a double-double in Stetson's 72-53 win over NJIT with 18 rebounds and 19 points; a season-high for the freshman
- Ranks fourth among ASUN freshmen in rebounds, averaging 4.7 per game
- Leads the ASUN in FG% in conference play with 58.0% shooting
Other Nominees: Kamiyah Street, Kennesaw State; Tiffany Tolbert, North Florida