LakePoint, Ga. - Lipscomb's Loren Cagle, North Florida's Keonna Farmer and Stetson's Michelle Pruitt garnered weekly honors, announced by the league office on Tuesday. Cagle and Farmer make history with their honors, while Pruitt takes home her second straight ASUN Freshman of the Week.
Loren Cagles notches her fourth career ASUN Player of the Week award, which sets the record for most all-time in program history. She was previously tied with Courtney Boynton and Ashley Southern. Cagle had an impressive week, as she averaged 19.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 5.0 APG and 2.5 SPG, while grabbing two wins, which positions the Bisons to host a first round ASUN Championship game. In the win against USC Upstate, Cagle poured in 16 points on 7-12 shooting in just 25 minutes of action. She followed up that performance with 22 points and 13 rebounds in a win over NJIT. Her 22 points and 13 rebounds notched her third double-double of the season. This season she leads the league in scoring at 17.3 PPG and also averages 5.8 RPG and 4.1 APG.
Farmer led the charge in North Florida's upset victory over FGCU, as she poured in a career-high 28 points on 11-19 shooting with nine boards. That effort helped UNF snap a 17 game slide to FGCU and earns Farmer her sixth ASUN Newcomer of the Week award, which moves her into a tie for most all-time in the league. Farmer has been a monster in conference play this season, as she leads the league in scoring at 20.9 PPG, while also shooting 48.6% from the field. For the season, the senior averages 17.1 PPG, 8.0 RPG and also is tied for the league-lead in double-doubles with seven.
Michelle Pruitt continues to emerge as a key contributor for Stetson, as she takes home her second-straight ASUN Freshman of the Week award. Last week she averaged 15.0 PPG, 9.0 RPG and shot 73.3% from the field. In a win against North Florida, Pruitt matched a career-high in points with 17, and set a career-high in rebounds with 12. Stetson has been ravaged by injuries this season, which has led to opportunities for some other players and the freshman stepped up. In her last six games, Pruitt has averaged 13.1 PPG, upping her average from 3.4 PPG to 5.9 PPG. In conference play, Pruitt has been the best offensive rebounder in the league, nabbing 31 offensive boards.
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week - Feb. 6
Loren Cagle, Lipscomb
Senior | Guard | Nashville, Tenn.
- Fourth Career ASUN Player of the Week Award; fourth this season and most in program history
- Averaged 19.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 5.0 APG and 2.5 SPG in a 2-0 week for Lipscomb last week
- Notched her third double-double of the season against NJIT last Saturday, scoring 22 points and grabbing 13 boards
- Leads the conference in scoring at 17.3 PPG
- Ranks top-five in the ASUN in PPG (1st, 17.3), assists (1st, 94), steals (48, 3rd), 3-PT% (2nd, 39.3%), FGs (2nd, 144) and MPG (3rd, 36.3)
Other Nominees: China Dow, FGCU; Kayla Gordon, Jacksonville; Kamiyah Street, Kennesaw State; Keonna Farmer, North Florida; Tamera Thorpe, USC Upstate; Michelle Pruitt, Stetson
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Feb. 6
Keonna Farmer, North Florida
Senior | Forward | Birmingham, Ala. | Communications
- Sixth Career ASUN Newcomer of the Week Award; tied for most in ASUN history
- Scored a career-high 28 points and hauled in nine boards in an upset win over FGCU last week
- Her effort helped snap a 17-game losing streak against FGCU
- In conference play, Farmer leads the ASUN in scoring at 20.9 PPG and is third in RPG at 8.0
- Leads the ASUN in FGs made with 152 makes
Other Nominees: Lisa Zderadicka, FGCU; Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville; Kamiyah Street, Kennesaw State; Michelle Pruitt, Stetson
ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week - Feb. 6
Michelle Pruitt, Stetson
Freshman | Forward | Homewood, Ill. | Sport Business
- Third Career ASUN Freshman of the Week Award; second consecutive
- Averaged 15.0 PPG and 9.0 RPG last week for Stetson and shot 73.3% from the field
- Tied a career-high with 17 points and set a career-high with 12 boards against North Florida last Saturday; notching her third career double-double
- In her last six contests Pruitt is averaging 13.1 PPG and 8.0 RPG, upping her scoring average from 3.4 PPG to 5.9 PPG
- Leads the ASUN in offensive rebounding, as she's pulled down 31 offensive boards
Other Nominees: Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Michaela Gibbons, USC Upstate