ATLANTA, Ga. – The ASUN Conference Softball schedule continues this weekend as all eight teams take to the field. Liberty (9-3) is tops in the standings followed closely by Lipscomb and FGCU who both sit at 6-3.
Throughout the year, you can catch ASUN Conference Softball online through Facebook Live, Hatter Vision and the ESPN family of networks. Be sure to check each team's listings to find the latest information on online streaming.
ASUN Softball Weekend Schedule
Saturday, April 13th
Liberty at North Florida - 1 p.m. ET [DH]
Jacksonville at FGCU - 2 p.m. ET [DH]
North Alabama at Lipscomb - 1 p.m. CT (ESPN+) [DH]
Kennesaw State at Stetson - 2 p.m. ET (ESPN+) [DH]
Sunday, April 14th
Jacksonville at FGCU - 1 p.m. ET
Kennesaw State at Stetson - 1 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
Liberty at North Florida - 1 p.m. ET
North Alabama at Lipscomb - 1 p.m. CT (ESPN+)
FGCU Eagles (21-16; 6-3)
- The Eagles look to stay on track after a three-game sweep of North Alabama last weekend by hosting Jacksonville.
- Two FGCU student-athletes rank in the top-five in the ASUN for ERA -- Riley Randolph (1.10) and reigning Pitcher of the Week Marrisa Mesiemore (2.08).
- Randolph also ranks in the NCAA Top-20 for shutouts (sixth, 12), ERA (eighth, 1.10) and strikeouts (19th, 160).
Jacksonville Dolphins (13-26, 1-8)
- Three players lead the Dolphins in home runs with five on the year -- Makenzie Buss, Abby Genest and Hannah Roberts.
- Alysaa Bilodeau leads the JU pitching staff and ranks third in the conference for strikeouts with 146. That number also ranks 33rd in the NCAA.
- The Dolphins are one of the best league squads at moving over the runner as JU is first in conference games with eight sacrifice hits.
Kennesaw State Owls (22-20; 7-5)
- In the circle, Hailey Andrews lead the league in wins (14) and strikeouts (172). Those 172 punchouts are also 14th in the nation.
- Lexi Solorzano ranks second in the ASUN with eight home runs on the year.
- The Owls are one of the best offensive teams in the conference as they are first in slugging percentage (.425) and second in both on-base percentage (.369) and average (.283).
Liberty Flames (27-15; 9-3)
- Liberty is receiving a vote in the latest installment of the USA Today/NFCA Coaches' Poll.
- Pitcher Julia DiMartino ranks 10th in the country with four saves this season, while as a team the Flames rank ninth in ERA (1.62).
- Offensively, Amber Bishop is first in the ASUN and 15th in the nation with 54 hits.
Lipscomb Bisons (27-12-1, 6-3)
- Jordan Fortel ranks second in the ASUN for RBIs with 31.
- The Bisons are winners of eight of their last nine games and have won five straight conference games.
- Peyton Ward has swiped a conference-best 21 bases on the year, while DeVault ranks first in RBIs with 36.
North Alabama Lions (17-14; 3-6)
- Megan Garst, one of the top pitchers in the conference, ranks first in ERA (0.87) and strikeouts per game (9.36).
- Veronica Westfall is second in the ASUN in batting average at .389.
- Garst also ranks fourth in the conference with 119 strikeouts.
North Florida Ospreys (22-14; 4-5)
- The Ospreys enter the weekend riding a two-game winning streak as they defeated Florida A&M in mid-week non-conference action.
- Dominica Cocuzza continues to lead the ASUN Conference with a .404 batting average on the year and is second in RBIs (31).
- In the circle, Sydney Matzko ranks third in saves (2) and fourth in wins (11) in the conference.
Stetson Hatters (14-22; 3-6)
- Tori Perkins is currently first in the NCAA statistical rankings for walks per seven innings at 0.72.
- In the conference rankings, Riley Russell is second on swiped bases with 19 on the year and ranks first in conference games with six.
- Offensively, Stetson is led by Danielle Diaz (.356) and Elizabeth Jackson (.353) in batting average.
Tweets by @ASunSoftball