NCAA Tallahassee Regional Bracket | Full NCAA Softball Championship Bracket
LakePoint, Ga. - The 2018 ASUN Conference Softball Champions, Kennesaw State are heading to Tallahassee, Fla. on Friday to face off against Auburn, host No. 6 Florida State and Jacksonville State in the NCAA Regionals.
The Owls (39-15) are making their first-ever NCAA Regional appearance after winning both the regular season and tournament title in the ASUN this season. Kennesaw State entered the 2018 ASUN Championship as the top seed and went 3-0 in DeLand, Fla. last week, including a 8-4 victory in the Championship Final against last year's champions, USC Upstate to punch their ticket to the NCAA Championship.
Kennesaw State's first game of the Tallahassee Regional is scheduled for Friday at 12 PM ET live on ESPN3 when the 2018 ASUN Champions take on the Auburn Tigers in the opening round. No. 6 Florida State and Jacksonville State are scheduled to begin at 2:30 PM on Friday night.
Kennesaw State NCAA Additional Notes
- The Owls are currently ranked No. 34 in the NCAA RPI which is the highest in program history for Kennesaw State.
- Kennesaw State is currently receiving votes in the USA Today/NFCA Division I Top 25 Coaches Poll (21 votes).
- In league rankings, the ASUN is ranked sixth in conference RPI and fourth best in win percentage.
- Kennesaw State boasts eight individuals that earned ASUN All-Conference awards, highlighted by Pitcher of the Year, Alley Cutting, Freshman of the Year, Patricia Awald and Coach of the Year, Pete D'Amour.
- The Owls first face off with Auburn on Friday as the Tigers hold a 2-0 all-time series advantage. Kennesaw State met with Auburn earlier in the season as the Owls fell 2-1.
- If Kennesaw State faces Florida State it will be the first-ever meeting between programs, meanwhile Kennesaw State's all-time record against Jacksonville State is 6-9.
- Since 1999, ASUN squads have racked up 25 victories in the NCAA Regionals, however no team has ever advanced to the Super Regionals.
- The Owls become the sixth active ASUN member and 11th overall to make an appearance in the NCAA Regionals.
- All-time against NCAA opponents, ASUN squads are 1-1 versus Auburn, 0-1 against Florida State and 1-1 versus Jacksonville State.
- Kennesaw State enters the NCAA Tournament on a five game win streak and have won 17 of its last 20 games.