LakePoint, Ga. – After leading their teams to perfect records last week, North Florida's Dominica Cocuzza and Lipscomb's Mandy Jordan were honored with this week's ASUN Conference Softball Weekly honors, the league office announced on Monday.
Cocuzza takes home her first career ASUN Player of the Week Honor after leading the Ospreys offense in a 7-0 week. Cocuzza recorded at least one hit in all seven games and finished the week going 10-for-20 to bat .500 for the Ospreys. She scored six runs in total and had 10 RBIs as North Florida won every game last week. She came up clutch in the win against Rutgers with a game-tying three-run homer, then produced the go-ahead run against Saint Joseph's on an RBI single. She slugged .700 on the week and finished with an on-base percentage of .583.
Jordan picks up her second career ASUN Pitcher of the Week honor and the second this season. She was outstanding in helping the Bisons go 4-0 last week. She pitched in three of those four games and earned the win in all three. Jordan pitched a shutout with nine strikeouts to open the week against UAB, then followed that up with a single-game career best 14 Ks in the win against Austin Peay. The sophomore closed out the week with seven strikeouts in only three innings of relief to help the Bisons to a comeback win against the Governors. Jordan ended the week with 30 strikeouts and only one walk. She closed the week with a 0.47 ERA.
ASUN Conference Softball Player of the Week - Mar. 20th
Dominica Cocuzza, North Florida
Sophomore | Outfielder | Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. | Community Sport
- First Career ASUN Player of the Week honor
- Finished week batting .500 to help Ospreys go perfect 7-0 last week
- Recorded at least one hit in all seven games, had three multi-hit contests
- Produced 10 total RBIs, including some clutch hits against Rutgers and Saint Joseph's
- Slugged .700 on the week and scored six runs, while adding three walks
Other Nominees: Bree Tourtillot, FGCU; Heather Roberts, Jacksonville; Hannah Thomason, Kennesaw State; Caitlin Plocheck, Lipscomb; Jessie Tenbroeck, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Softball Pitcher the Week - Mar. 20th
Mandy Jordan, Lipscomb
Sophomore | Pitcher | Camden, Ala.
- Second Career ASUN Conference Pitcher of the Week Award; second this season
- Went 3-0 last week, including two wins in a series sweep of Austin Peay
- Opened week with a shutout and nine strikeouts against UAB
- Set a new single-game high of 14 Ks in the opening win against Austin Peay
- Finished week with 30 strikeouts and only one walk; combined for 0.47 ERA
Other Nominees: Taylor Wade, FGCU; Logan Green, North Florida; Brooke Hutto, Stetson.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 13||Maggie Fritts, Stetson||Lexi Shubert, USC Upstate|
|Feb. 20||Macayla Kelley, North Florida||McCarley Thomas, Lipscomb|
|Feb. 27||Courtney Sutter, Kennesaw State||Mandy Jordan, Lipscomb|
|Mar. 6||Kelsey Waters, Stetson||Alley Cutting, Kennesaw State|
|Mar. 13||Courtney Sutter, Kennesaw State||Holly McKinnon, USC Upstate|
|Mar. 20||Dominica Cocuzza, North Florida||Mandy Jordan, Lipscomb|