Meet: UNF XC Invitational
Location: Jacksonville, Fla. (Hayt Golf Learning Center Course)
Date: Friday, Sept. 7, 2018
Men's Results (PDF)
COURSE REPORT: The North Florida men's cross country team defeated Florida for the second consecutive season to win the UNF XC Invitational by a margin of 23 points. The Ospreys placed four runners in the top-10, led by Nick Morken with a second-place finish and a time of 15:24.23.
- Senior Nick Morken led the Ospreys with a second-place finish, covering the track in 15:24.23.
- Freshman Nathan Jubran notched a strong performance in his collegiate debut with a time of 15:24.94 and a third-place finish.
- Noah Perkins (15:28.61), Rob Leverone (15:42.19) and Christian Conder (15:47.85) rounded out the top-10 finishes for UNF, placing fourth, eighth and 10th, respectively.
- Leo Queyrou (15:59.97) and Sean Snyder (16:14.45) capped the top-seven for the Ospreys with 14th and 17th-place finishes.
THOUGHTS FROM THE TOP
"Nick Morken had another Morken kind of day. He ran in a pack and worked with teammates to finish strong. He's such a team player and makes his teammates around him better. Freshman Nathan Jubranhas been looking great in practice and had a very good collegiate debut to finish second among the collegiate runners. Noah Perkins and Rob Leverone ran as expected to finish third and fourth for us, and it's obvious that they are prepared for their best seasons of their career. Christian Conder rounded out the top-five for us, and he is now adjusted to conditions here in Jacksonville. Leo Queyrou and Sean Snydercapped our top-seven, and I thought they competed very well. We look forward to carrying this momentum into our next meet and look forward to the competition." – Head coach Jeff Pigg
North Florida continues its season at the Mt. Dew Invitational in Gainesville, Fla. on Sept. 22.
2. Nick Morken – 15:24.23
3. Nathan Jubran – 15:24.94
4. Noah Perkins – 15:28.61
8. Rob Leverone – 15:42.19
10. Christian Conder – 15:47.85
14. Leo Queyrou – 15:59.97
17. Sean Snyder – 16:14.45
20. Fynn Timm – 16:20.14
21. Jared Vazquez – 16:25.52
22. Timothy Doyle – 16:30.40
24. Andrew Stivers – 16:39.11
46. Matthew Cashin – 18:01.33