MACON, Ga. - After running the season's fastest 8K time in the conference at the Greater Louisville Classic, Lipscomb's Christian Freeman has been named the Atlantic Sun Men's Cross Country Runner of the Week, announced Wednesday by the league office.
Freeman finished 25th out of 213 runners in Kentucky with a time of 24.33.18. The junior's impressive performance was enough to break the Lipscomb school record for an 8K race. Freeman helped to lead the Bisons to an 11th place finish out of 24 teams, many of whom were ranked nationally.
Freeman and the Bisons return to action on October 16 for their final pre-championship tuneup at the Crimson Classic in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Atlantic Sun Men's Cross Country Runner of the Week - Oct. 7th
Christian Freeman, Lipscomb
Junior | Carlsbad, Calif. | Psychology
- First Career Atlantic Sun Runner of the Week honor, first Lipscomb runner honored since 2011
- Finished 25th out of 213 at the Greater Louisville Classic
- Crossed the finish line with a time of 24:33.18
- Broke the Lipscomb school record for an 8K race
- Led the Bisons to an 11th place finish out of 24 teams against nationally-ranked competition
- Fastest 8K time of all A-Sun runners this fall
Other Nominees: Cody Adkinson, FGCU; Andrew Merrill, Jacksonville; Simone Colombini, Kennesaw State; Griffin Eubanks, USC Upstate.
|Date||Atlantic Sun Men's Cross Country Runner of the Week|
|Sep. 9||Michael Damato, North Florida|
|Sep. 16||Simone Colombini, Kennesaw State|
|Sep. 23||Michael Damato, North Florida|
|Sep. 30||Joe Beery, Stetson|
|Oct. 7||Christian Freeman, Lipscomb|