LakePoint, Ga. - A pair of freshmen took home this week's ASUN Indoor Track and Field Weekly Awards. Jonathan Schwind of Lipscomb snagged Track Athlete of the Week after a record setting week, while John Blalock of Kennesaw State captured Field Athlete of the Week after setting a personal best.
Schwind competed in the mile this past weekend at the Music City Challenge, winning his heat in the event and finishing 11th overall. His mark of 4:09.97 in the mile set a Lipscomb indoor school record and also ranks third best in the ASUN this season.
Blalock set a career-best in the shot put this past weekend at the Dunamis Super Meet in LakePoint, Ga. Blalock had a throw of 15.59, which not only set a personal best, but was also good enough for second in the ASUN this season.
ASUN Men's Indoor Track Athlete of the Week - Feb. 14th
Jonathan Schwind, Lipscomb
Freshman | Suwanee, Ga.
- Second Career ASUN Indoor Track Athlete of the Week Award; second this season
- Won his heat and finished 11th overall in the mile at the Music City Challenge
- His time of 4:09.97 set a Lipscomb indoor school record
- His mark in the mile sits third in the ASUN this season
ASUN Men's Indoor Field Athlete of the Week - Feb. 14th
John Blalock, Kennesaw State
Freshman | Rome, Ga.
- First Career ASUN Indoor Field Athlete of the Week Award
- Finished third in the shot put at the Dunamis Super Meet
- His heave of of 15.59m set a career-best
- His mark also sits at second in the ASUN this season
|Date||Men's Track Athlete of the Week||Men's Field Athlete of the Week|
|Dec. 13||Blake Brancato, NJIT||Bobby Harris, North Florida|
|Jan. 17th||Dayo Akindele, Kennesaw State||Dayo Akindele, Kennesaw State|
|Jan. 24th||Jonathan Schwind, Lipscomb||Dayo Akindele, Kennesaw State|
|Jan. 31st||Ryan Speer, Lipscomb||Tony Auguste, USC Upstate|
|Feb. 7th||Dayo Akindele, Kennesaw State||Paris Williams, Kennesaw State|
|Feb. 14||Jonathan Schwind, Lipscomb||John Blalock, Kennesaw State|