ATLANTA, Ga. – Lipscomb heads to its second-straight appearance in the NCAA Men's Soccer Tournament after claiming the 2018 ASUN Conference Championship Title with a 2-0 victory vs. Stetson on Nov. 10th. Led by ASUN Player of the Year, Logan Paynter, the Bisons charge into Seattle, Wash. to square off against Washington, who finished the regular season with a 12-7 record and 6-4 in the Pac-12.
Men's Soccer fans can tune into Pac-12 Networks to watch the NCAA Men's Soccer Tournament from Seattle and also follow along via Twitter from @ASUNSoccer.
2018 NCAA Men's Soccer Tournament First Round
Lipscomb at Washington | Thursday, Nov. 15th, 9 PM CT | Pac-12 Washington
Last Match: First Meeting
Lipscomb (9-9; 5-1)
NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2017, 18
ASUN Championship Titles: 2017, 18
- Lipscomb is the first team to win back-to-back ASUN Championship titles & appear in the NCAA Tournament since FGCU won two-straight in 2011-12
- The Bisons were the first top-seeded team to reach & win the ASUN Championship Final since FGCU in 2012
- ASUN Player of the Year, Logan Paynter enters the NCAA Tournament with nine goals and three assists on the season; his 21 points are fifth in the ASUN
- Paynter earned ASUN Championship Most Valuable Player honors as he netted both goals in Lipscomb's 2-0 win vs. Stetson; he has tallied a goal in five of his last seven matches
- In Lipscomb's 2-1 ASUN Championship Semifinal victory vs. Jacksonville, Ben Locke ('13) and Zarek Jakubowski ('71) both tallied goals to advance the Bisons
- ASUN teams have advanced in the NCAA Tournament on seven occasions over the past 25 appearances including current members; FGCU (2016), Jacksonville (2008)
Tweets by @ASunSoccer