ATLANTA, Ga. - A pair of ASUN Conference Men's Basketball teams earned Saturday victories as Jacksonville won on the road and North Alabama recorded its fourth home victory. The Dolphins downed North Carolina A&T while the Lions defeated Morehead State.
Jacksonville got its fourth win of the season behind David Bell's fourth straight double-double. He went 7-of-9 from the field for 16 points while grabbing 14 rebounds. Kevin Norman added 12 points in the Dolphins' win. North Alabama was led by Christian Agnew with 17 points and eight rebounds as the Lions got their second straight win. Payton Youngblood (16 points) and Jamari Blackmon (12 points) also reached double figures for UNA. In other ASUN action, Lipscomb fell at No. 23 Xavier, Stetson dropped its contest at Kent State and FGCU fell to Campbell.
Today's Top ASUN Conference Performances
• Mahamadou Diawara, Stetson: 14 Points (7-14 FGs), 12 Rebounds
• Christian Agnew, North Alabama: 17 Points (6-10 FGs, 5-7 FTs), 8 Rebounds
• KJ Johnson, Lipscomb: 25 Points (9-17 FGs, 5-6 FTs), 5 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 Steal
• David Bell, Jacksonville: 16 Points (7-9 FGs, 2-2 FTs), 14 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 1 Steal
• Malik Hardy, FGCU: 13 Points (3-10 FGs, 6-7 FTs), 12 Rebounds, 1 Steal
What You Need to Know from Today's Wins
• North Alabama 67, East Carolina 57
- Three Lions reached double figures in scoring: Christian Agnew 17, Payton Youngblood 16, Jamari Blackmon 12.
- UNA held Morehead State to 38.1 percent shooting from the field and 12.5 percent from behind the three-point arc.
- The Lions' bench outscored the bench from Morehead State 12-8. UNA also recorded 24 fast-break points to the Eagles' eight.
• Jacksonville 61, North Carolina A&T 45
- The Dolphins held the Aggies to just 29.5 percent shooting on their home floor (18-61) and 3-20 from long range while allowing just 14 points in the first half.
- David Bell tallied his fourth-consecutive double-double (16 points, 14 rebounds) and is averaging 15.0 points and 13.3 rebounds during the four-game stretch.
- Bell leads the ASUN in blocks per game while teammate Aamahne Santos is second in the conference in assists per game.
Sunday, Dec. 1
FGCU vs. Georgia Southern - 5 PM (ESPN+)
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.
Tweets by ASUNMBB