Liberty improved to 9-0 this season as the team returned to the Vines Center with an 88-42 win over Kentucky Christian. The Flames are the first team in the country to reach the nine-win mark.
Liberty started the game on a 17-0 run while forcing Kentucky Christian to shoot 1-8 from the field and committing four turnovers in its first 10 possessions of the game. The Flames never trailed against Kentucky Christian as they held the Knights to just 28 percent (16-57) from the field throughout the game. Liberty's bench was efficient all night as they nearly outscored Kentucky Christian, scoring 41 points for the game.
Key Stats & Notes
- Liberty is 9-0 for the first time in school history.
- Liberty is the first team in the country to reach nine wins this season.
- Liberty is now 6-0 against Kentucky Christian.
- Liberty's bench out-scored Kentucky Christian's bench 41-7.
- For the first time in program history, Liberty went undefeated in the month of November.
- Georgie Pacheco-Ortiz became the 29th player in school history to score 1,000 career points.
- Pacheco-Ortiz now ranks No. 28 on Liberty's all-time scoring list with 1,005 career points.
- Nine different players recorded a three-pointer for the Flames led by Elijah Cuffee's four makes from three.
- Myo Baxter-Bell scored nine points, moving him to No. 42 on Liberty's all-time scoring list with 731 career points.
- Liberty recorded 20 assists while holding Kentucky Christian to just nine assists.
Thoughts from Head Coach Ritchie McKay
"I was a little disappointed in how much we turned the ball over in the first half and when you turn it over, it leads to easy baskets for the other team but I think our guys did a good job of reeling it in. We showed a little bit of maturity to anchor down defensively and do a better job in the second half."
Liberty will close out its two-game homestand on Monday, Dec. 2, to face Trinity Baptist. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. at the Vines Center.
Tweets by ASUNMBB