ATLANTA, Ga. – The ASUN Conference announced its 2019-20 Men's Basketball schedule today with each of the nine teams slated to play a 16-game double round-robin schedule beginning Thursday, Jan. 2. The upcoming year marks the 42nd season of competition in the ASUN.
The schedule tips-off with defending tournament champion and co-regular season winner Liberty traveling to FGCU and NJIT on opening weekend. Fellow co-regular season champion Lipscomb hits the road to begin ASUN play at Stetson and FGCU. Two other opening day contests include Jacksonville at North Alabama and North Florida at Kennesaw State. The Bisons and Flames open the home portion of conference play against KSU and UNA, respectively, on Jan. 9.
The ASUN is coming off a historic season as three teams earned postseason tournament victories. Liberty upset Mississippi State in the NCAA Tournament Round of 64, while Lipscomb secured four wins en route to the league's first-ever NIT Finals appearance. NJIT also advanced to the quarterfinals of the CIT. All three of those squads set their program's Division I record for wins last season.
2019-20 Men's Basketball League Schedule Highlights
• A total of 72 league games, starting Thursday, Jan. 2nd and ending Saturday, Feb. 29th
• Each team plays 16 games, facing every other team both home-and-away
• Defending Regular Season Champions Liberty & Lipscomb compete in the first ASUN Championship Final rematch (Jan. 18) in Lynchburg before a return bout on Feb. 29th
• River City Rumble dates between Jacksonville and North Florida are slated for Jan. 16 (at JU) and Feb. 13 (at UNF)
• New Head Coaches Lennie Acuff (Lipscomb) and Donnie Jones (Stetson) square off in their first conference contest on Jan. 2nd. Also new to the ASUN sidelines, Kennesaw State's Amir Abdur-Rahim makes his league debut against North Florida on the same day
• The 2019 ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Championship dates are set for March 3, 5 and 8. The ASUN Championship Final will be televised on ESPN