LakePoint, Ga. - Jacksonville's Devin Harris and Jace Hogan guided the Dolphins to three victories over the past seven days to earn the ASUN Conference Men's Basketball weekly awards, announced Monday by the league office.
Devin Harris stuffed the stat sheet for JU averaging 19.3 PPG, 9 RPG, 6.3 APG & 2 SPG as he registered three 20+ point games including a new career-high 25 in a triple overtime victory vs. Gardner-Webb on Sunday. Harris added nine rebounds, eight assists and four steals vs. the Runnin' Bulldogs in Dayton, Ohio. The Tampa, Fla. native opened the week with 23 points and 11 rebounds in a rout of Webber before registering his second-straight double-double with 24 points and 10 boards in a victory vs. Fairfield. Despite only scoring five points at Wright State, Harris contributed six rebounds, seven assists and two steals.
Ranking second in the ASUN for scoring, Jace Hogan had a monster week averaging 18.8 PPG and 6.3 RPG as he set a career-best with 29 points against GWU to go along with 10 boards, four assists and two steals. For the week, Hogan shot 54.7 percent from the field (29-of-53) and connected on 17-of-21 (81.0%) from the charity stripe. Hogan started off with 14 points, five rebounds and two steals in a trounce of Webber before posting 22 points, nine boards and two dimes in the victory vs. Fairfield. Against Wright State, Hogan registered 10 points.
ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week - Nov. 27th
Devin Harris, Jacksonville
Senior | Guard | Tampa, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week; 25th all-time for Jacksonville
- Guided JU to 3-1 week by averaging 19.3 PPG, 9 RPG, 6.3 APG & 2 SPG
- Opened with 23 points, 11 rebounds and five assists in rout of Webber
- Registered second double-double on 24 points, 10 boards in win vs. Fairfield
- Finished with five points, six rebounds, seven assists and two steals in loss at Wright State
- Led Dolphins to triple overtime victory with 25 points, nine boards, eight dimes & four steals vs. Gardner-Webb
- Ranks in the top-five in the ASUN for scoring, rebounding, assists and steals
Other Nominees: Christian Terrell, FGCU; Diandre Wilson, NJIT; JT Escobar, North Florida; Deion Holmes, USC Upstate.
ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Nov. 27th
Jace Hogan, Jacksonville
Junior | Forward | Melbourne, Fla.
- First Career Newcomer of the Week; 16th all-time for the Dolphins
- Averaged 18.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG while shooting 54.7 FG% and 81.0 FT%
- Started with 14 points and five rebounds on Monday in 18-point win
- Added 22 points, nine boards in 92-84 victory vs. Fairfield
- Posted 10 points, three rebounds in loss at Wright State
- Set a career-high 29 points, 10 boards, four assists & two steals in 3OT win
- Ranks second in the ASUN for scoring at 19.8 PPG & fifth for rebounding with 7.2 RPG
Other Nominees: Diandre Wilson, NJIT; JT Escobar, North Florida.
|Date||ASUN Player of the Week||ASUN Newcomer of the Week|
|Nov. 13th||Garrison Mathews, Lipscomb||Abayomi Iyiola, Stetson|
|Nov. 20th||Ivan Gandia-Rosa, North Florida||Ivan Gandia-Rosa, North Florida|
|Nov. 27th||Devin Harris, Jacksonville||Jace Hogan, Jacksonville|