LakePoint, Ga. - USC Upstate's Michael Buchanan & Jacksonville's Devin Harris collected the ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, announced Monday by the league office.
USC Upstate's senior center barely missed from the field this week as Buchanan shot 20-of-25 - good for 80.0 percent - in two road contests. Buchanan and the Spartans opened the week with an 108-103 overtime victory at Charlotte in which Buchanan posted 24 points and 14 rebounds in only 28 minutes. He finished 11-of-14 from the floor and added three offensive boards and two assists. The Las Vegas native capped the week with his eighth career 20-point game with 21 at College of Charleston to go along with six rebounds.
Harris contributed to Jacksonville's 2-0 week with an average of 13.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG & 3.5 APG as the Dolphins defeated Trinity Baptist at home before notching their second road victory of the year. Against Trinity Baptist, Harris posted 15 points and seven rebounds in 20 minutes of action adding a steal and an assist. In the road victory vs. North Carolina A&T, Harris played all 40 minutes and produced 12 points, six boards and six assists as the Dolphins improved to a league-best 5-2.
ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week - Nov. 28th
Michael Buchanan, USC Upstate
Senior | Center | Las Vegas, Nev. | Interdisciplinary Studies
- Second Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week; first this season
- Averaged 22.5 PPG, 10.0 RPG & 1.5 APG in 1-1 week for USC Upstate
- Posted 24 points, 14 rebounds in 108-103 overtime road win vs. Charlotte
- Made 11-of-14 shots from the field & grabbed three offensive boards
- Added 21 points and six boards on the road vs. College of Charleston
- Finished 9-of-11 on field goals to shoot 80.0 percent for the week
- Ranks second in ASUN for field goal percentage at 66.7
Other Nominees: Zach Johnson, FGCU; J.R. Holder, Jacksonville; Kendrick Ray, Kennesaw State; Garrison Mathews, Lipscomb; Damon Lynn, NJIT; Dallas Moore, North Florida; Derick Newton, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Men's Basketball Newcomer of the Week - Nov. 28th
Devin Harris, Jacksonville
Junior | Guard | Tampa, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Conference Newcomer of the Week
- Helped Dolphins to 2-0 week by averaging 13.5 PPG, 6.5 RPG & 3.5 APG
- Tallied 15 points and seven rebounds in 97-52 win vs. Trinity Baptist
- Grabbed three offensive boards, one assist & one steal in 20 minutes
- Registered 12 points, six rebounds and six assists in road win vs. N.C. A&T
- Played all 40 minutes in 66-49 victory finishing 5-of-6 from the floor
- Jacksonville leads the ASUN with five victories; two of which are road games
Other Nominees: Wajid Aminu, North Florida.
|Date||ASUN Player of the Week||ASUN Newcomer of the Week|
|Nov. 14th||J.R. Holder, Jacksonville||Cody Helgeland, Jacksonville|
|Nov. 21st||Damon Lynn, NJIT||Brandon Goodwin, FGCU|
|Nov. 28th||Michael Buchanan, USC Upstate||Devin Harris, Jacksonville|