LakePoint, Ga. - With the ASUN Conference Baseball regular season coming to a close this weekend, the final weekly honors went to Lipscomb's Lee Solomon and FGCU's Josh Dye, the league office announced on Sunday afternoon.
Solomon collects his second career ASUN Player of the Week honor after carrying the Bisons to a crucial series win and a postseason berth. The senior, playing his final home games of his career, went 6-for-11 with six runs scored. He hit two homers and collected RBIs in all three games against FGCU. In the series opener, Solomon went 3-for-4 with four runs scored and a homerun. After dropping game two, Solomon smashed a two-run homer in game three to extend Lipscomb's lead in the must-win game. He also drew two walks and had a stolen base while slashing .545/.667./1.182 on the weekend. Solomon and the Bisons will participate in the ASUN Championship next week.
Dye earns his second career ASUN Pitcher of the Week award, both coming this season after a masterful performance. The FGCU lefty was dominant in a three-hit complete game performance in Game two of the three-game set vs. Lipscomb. After the Eagles had dropped game one, Dye was pitching in a must-win game to keep FGCU's season alive, and he delivered big time for the Eagles. It was his second career complete game performance as he allowed only one run on three hits. He struck out eight batters and didn't give up a walk as he was in control all game long.
ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week - May 20th
Lee Solomon, Lipscomb
Senior | Infielder | Columbus, Ohio
- Second Career ASUN Baseball Player of the Week honor; first this season
- Carried the Bisons offense to a crucial series win and berth in ASUN Championship
- Finished the weekend going 6-for-11 at the plate with six runs scored
- Slugged two homers and collcted five RBI on the weekend to lead Lipscomb past FGCU
- Slashed .545/.667./1.182 for the week, added two walks and a stolen base
Other Nominees: Scott Dubrule, Jacksonville; Jesse Uttendorfer, NJIT; Mac Wilson, North Florida.
ASUN Conference Baseball Pitcher of the Week - May 20th
Josh Dye, FGCU
Junior | Pitcher | DeLand, Fla.
- Second Career ASUN Baseball Pitcher of the Week award; both coming this season
- Produced his second complete game of the season to keep FGCU alive in postseason race
- Allowed only three hits and one run in a must-win game vs. Lipscomb
- Dominated on the mound with eight strikeouts and didn't allow a single walk
- Lowered his season ERA to 2.40, fourth-best among ASUN starting pitchers
Other Nominees: Chris Gau, Jacksonville; Noah Thompson, Lipscomb; Sean Lubreski, NJIT.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 19||Alex Brait, FGCU||Tyler Santana, Jacksonville|
|Feb. 26||Kohl Gilmore, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 5||Charlie Carpenter, USC Upstate||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|March 12||Richie Garcia, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|March 19||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Frank German, North Florida|
|March 26||Griffin Helms, Kennesaw State||Kevin Hickey, USC Upstate|
|April 2||Jorge Arenas, Stetson||Evan Lumbert, FGCU|
|April 9||David Chabut, Kennesaw State||Frank German, North Florida|
|April 16||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|April 23||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|April 30||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Josh Dye, FGCU|
|May 7||Chris Berry, North Florida||Jack Perkins, Stetson|
|May 14||Scott Dubrule, Jacksonville||Brad Deppermann, North Florida|
|May 20||Lee Solomon, Lipscomb||Josh Dye, FGCU|