LakePoint, Ga. - Stetson's Brooks Wilson helped the Hatters to a perfect record last week, while FGCU's Josh Dye pitched the program's first complete game shutout since 2015 to earn this week's ASUN Conference Baseball weekly honors, the league office announced on Monday.
Wilson picks up his second career ASUN Player of the Week award after producing eight RBI on five hits at the plate in a 4-0 week for Stetson. The senior two-way star had an RBI single against No. 14 Florida State, before coming out of the bullpen and collecting a two-inning save against the Seminoles. He was on fire at the plate in Stetson's ASUN series sweep at North Florida, as the senior produced three RBI in the first game, and then capped off the weekend with four RBI in the final contest. He hit .385 in conference play, while earning one win and two saves on the week for the Hatters.
Dye takes home his first career ASUN Pitcher of the Week award after putting together an absolute gem against one of the top offenses in the ASUN. The DeLand, Fla. native pitched the first complete game shutout for FGCU since 2015 as he only allowed four hits in Saturday's win to get FGCU back into the series. Dye struck out nine Owl batters and only allowed two walks in his first career complete game performance. It marked only the sixth complete game shutout in FGCU's Division I era. The lefty now has a 7-2 record on the season, while lowering his season ERA to 2.52.
ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week - Apr. 30th
Brooks Wilson, Stetson
Senior | 1B/RHP | Lakeland, Fla. | Business
- Second Career ASUN Baseball Player of the Week honor; third weekly honor of his career
- Continued his remarkable season at the plate with five hits and eight RBI to lead Hatters to 4-0 mark last week
- Opened week with one RBI, a stolen base and a two-inning save vs. No. 14 Florida State
- Produced two multi-hit games and seven RBI to lead Stetson to ASUN series sweep at UNF
- Finished the week with one win, two saves while slashing .375/.444/.625 at the plate
Other Nominees: Richie Garcia, FGCU; Chris Lehane, Jacksonville; Jake Perry, Lipscomb; Justin Etts, NJIT.
ASUN Conference Baseball Pitcher the Week - Apr. 30th
Josh Dye, FGCU
Junior | Pitcher | DeLand, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Baseball Pitcher of the Week award; second for FGCU this season
- Tossed his first career complete game in a 3-0 victory against Kennesaw State
- Produced nine strikeouts and only allowed two walks in his outing
- Finished the contest allowing only four hits against one of the top offenses in the ASUN
- Marked the first complete game shutout for FGCU since March 20, 2015
Other Nominees: Tyler Santana, Jacksonville; AJ Moore, Kennesaw State; Joshua Colon, Lipscomb; Sean Lubreski, NJIT; Frank German, North Florida; Blake Whitney, USC Upstate; Joey Gonzalez, Stetson.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 19||Alex Brait, FGCU||Tyler Santana, Jacksonville|
|Feb. 26||Kohl Gilmore, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 5||Charlie Carpenter, USC Upstate||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|Mar. 12||Richie Garcia, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 19||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Frank German, North Florida|
|Mar. 26||Griffin Helms, Kennesaw State||Kevin Hickey, USC Upstate|
|Apr. 2||Jorge Arenas, Stetson||Evan Lumbert, FGCU|
|Apr. 9||David Chabut, Kennesaw State||Frank German, North Florida|
|Apr. 16||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Apr. 23||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|Apr. 30||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Josh Dye, FGCU|