LakePoint, Ga. - Jacksonville's Angel Camacho continued his hot streak at the plate to claim his second consecutive ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week. Stetson's Logan Gilbert joined him as the Pitcher of the Week, the league office announced on Monday.
Camacho collects his fourth career ASUN Player of the Week after going 8-for-16 on the week and leading the Dolphins to a perfect 4-0 week, which included a upset win at No. 1 Florida. In the game against the top-ranked Gators, Camacho went 2-for-5 and drove in a run in the 8-4 victory. He continued his hot streak at the plate in the series sweep at St. Louis, as he produced two more multi-hit games. He ended the week with a 3-for-3 performance as the Dolphins won 3-1 to extend their winning streak to six games. Camacho had three RBI and two doubles for the week.
Gilbert earns his second ASUN Pitcher of the Week honor this season after putting together his most dominant performance of the year. In the series opener at NJIT, Gilbert retired the first 14 batters he faced, 11 coming via the strikeout to set the tone early. He finished the contest with 14 K's in 8.0 innings of work, allowing only three hits and one earned run. It marked the seventh time this season he has struckout 10 or more batters in a game and he became the first ASUN pitcher to reach 100 K's on the season.
ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week - Apr. 23rd
Angel Camacho, Jacksonville
Junior | Infielder | Jacksonville, Fla. | Kinesiology
- Fourth Career ASUN Baseball Player of the Week honor; second this season
- Produced three multi-hit games to help Dolphins finish week 4-0
- Opened week with 2-for-5 performance to help JU upset No. 1 Florida
- Combined to go 6-for-11 in road series sweep at St. Louis with one double
- Finished week slashing .500/.600/.563 with one double and three RBI
Other Nominees: Marc Coffers, FGCU; Ladonis Bryant, Kennesaw State; Julio Marcano, NJIT; Pat Raiff, USC Upstate.
ASUN Conference Baseball Pitcher the Week - Apr. 23rd
Logan Gilbert, Stetson
Junior | Pitcher |Apopka, Fla. | Business Systems and Analytics
- Fourth Career ASUN Baseball Pitcher of the Week award; second this season
- Put together his most dominant performance of the season in 8-1 win vs. NJIT
- Retired the first 14 batters he faced, 11 coming via the strikeout
- Finished the contest with a season-high 14 Ks in 8.0 innings of work
- Allowed only three hits and surpassed the 100 K plateau for the second-straight season
Other Nominees: Josh Dye, FGCU; Spencer Stockton, Jacksonville; Brooks Buckler, Kennesaw State; Tyler Stafflinger, NJIT.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 19||Alex Brait, FGCU||Tyler Santana, Jacksonville|
|Feb. 26||Kohl Gilmore, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 5||Charlie Carpenter, USC Upstate||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|Mar. 12||Richie Garcia, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 19||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Frank German, North Florida|
|Mar. 26||Griffin Helms, Kennesaw State||Kevin Hickey, USC Upstate|
|Apr. 2||Jorge Arenas, Stetson||Evan Lumbert, FGCU|
|Apr. 9||David Chabut, Kennesaw State||Frank German, North Florida|
|Apr. 16||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Apr. 23||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|