LakePoint, Ga. - Jacksonville's Angel Camacho slugged his team to a series win, while Stetson's Mitchell Senger was dominant in his start to take home ASUN Conference Baseball weekly honors, the league office announced on Monday.
Camacho earns his third career ASUN Player of the Week award after an outstanding performance leading the Dolphins to a series win vs. FGCU. The junior first basemen finished the series with a 7-for-11 mark at the plate, while slugging 1.182 in the series. After a 1-for-3 performance in the opening game, Camacho turned it on in game two as he slugged two homers and delivered six RBI. He finished the contest 4-for-5 with three runs to get JU level in the series. He produced another multi-hit game in the series finale as the Dolphins won their third straight conference series. The Jacksonville, Fla. native totaled seven RBI, two walks and a batting average of .636 in conference play this past week.
Senger picks up his third ASUN Pitcher of the Week award this season after another dominant performance against Lipscomb to close out a weekend sweep for Stetson. The lefty went the distance for his second complete game shutout of the season. He did not allow a single walk and struck out 13 Bisons on his way to the 5-0 victory. Senger needed just 121 total pitches to complete the game and didn't allow a runner past second base all game long. Senger lowered his season ERA to 1.92, while ranking second in strikeouts at 85 on the season. His ERA sits at 1.00 in conference play for the Hatters.
ASUN Conference Baseball Player of the Week - Apr. 16th
Angel Camacho, Jacksonville
Junior | Infielder | Jacksonville, Fla. | Kinesiology
- Third Career ASUN Baseball Player of the Week honor; first this season
- Combined to go 7-for-11 in the series win against No. 27 FGCU
- After getting one hit in game one, came back to go 4-for-5 with two homers in game two
- Capped off the weekend with multi-hit performance in series finale
- Slashed .636/.714/1.182 for the series and played flawless defense collecting 24 putouts
Other Nominees: Richie Garcia, FGCU; Jake Franklin, Kennesaw State; Julio Marcano, NJIT; Toran Shahidi, USC Upstate; Brooks Wilson, Stetson.
ASUN Conference Baseball Pitcher the Week - Apr. 16th
Mitchell Senger, Stetson
Sophomore | Pitcher | Boca Raton, Fla. | Sport Business
- Third Career ASUN Baseball Pitcher of the Week award; all coming this season
- Pitched second complete game shutout of the season in win vs. Lipscomb
- Allowed only five hits and did not issue any walks in his outing against the Bisons
- Produced 13 strikeouts in the win, his fourth game this year with 10+ K's
- Lowered his season ERA to 1.00 in ASUN play; ranks second in league with 85 strikeouts
Other Nominees: Mario Leon, FGCU; Spencer Stockton, Jacksonville; Blake Whitney, USC Upstate.
|Date||Player of the Week||Pitcher of the Week|
|Feb. 19||Alex Brait, FGCU||Tyler Santana, Jacksonville|
|Feb. 26||Kohl Gilmore, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 5||Charlie Carpenter, USC Upstate||Logan Gilbert, Stetson|
|Mar. 12||Richie Garcia, FGCU||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|
|Mar. 19||Brooks Wilson, Stetson||Frank German, North Florida|
|Mar. 26||Griffin Helms, Kennesaw State||Kevin Hickey, USC Upstate|
|Apr. 2||Jorge Arenas, Stetson||Evan Lumbert, FGCU|
|Apr. 9||David Chabut, Kennesaw State||Frank German, North Florida|
|Apr. 16||Angel Camacho, Jacksonville||Mitchell Senger, Stetson|