LakePoint, Ga. - Stetson's Kristin Lind is taking home her third consecutive ASUN Conference Beach Volleyball Scholar-Athlete of the Year honor, holding a 3.94 GPA as an Accounting major. Three Hatters make this year's All-Academic Team, while Mercer gets a conference-high four players added to the final list.
Lind, along with Mercer's Tori Penrod and Emma Peel are all getting All-Academic nods for the third time in their careers. Penrod held a 4.00 GPA while majoring in Sports Business, while Peel is a double major in Global Health Studies and Spanish. The senior held a 3.97 GPA, as sister Sophie owns a perfect 4.00 in Journalism. Danielle Faust is the last Bear to make this season's list, marking 2017 as the third time in the conference's history where more than three players from a single side grabbed a spot. Emma and Sophie Peel were 6-4 in the ASUN when playing together, as Penrod combined with Emily Krogman for a 16-8 record overall.
Stetson's Tiffany Creamer and Rachel Noble join Lind on the All-Academic Team, majoring in Psychology and Sport Business respectively. The Hatters are entering the ASUN Beach Volleyball Championship as the number one seed for the third consecutive year, on the way to its second-ever undefeated season in conference-play at 10-0. In combination with Darby Dunn, Lind collected an ASUN-high 21 victories on the season, while Creamer and Noble accrued 19 victories, primarily playing as the fourth seed.
Coastal Carolina, Jacksonville and North Florida each tally a single player on the All-Academic squad. CCU's Tahleia Bishop posted a 4.00 GPA with an Interdisciplinary Studies major, while playing in the Chanticleer's top seed. JU's Hanna McMahon was able to hold a 3.81 while majoring in Accounting and UNF's Kimberly Ferguson achieves All-Academic status for a second straight year, providing a 3.77 in Health Science. Ferguson and Carina Hoff put up nine victories playing together, while Bishop's 10 wins lead her team.
The sixth ASUN Conference Beach Volleyball Championship sets up this wekend, starting on Saturday with a 9:00 AM start between No. 4 North Florida and No. 5 Jacksonville. All eight championship matchups will be broadcast on ESPN3.
Beach Volleyball All-Academic Team
- *Kristin Lind, Stetson (Senior | 3.94 | Accounting)
- *Tori Penrod, Mercer (Senior | 4.00 | Sports Business)
- *Emma Peel, Mercer (Senior | 3.97 | Global Health Studies & Spanish)
- Tahleia Bishop, Coastal Carolina (Senior | 4.00 | Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Hanna McMahon, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.81 | Accounting)
- Danielle Faust, Mercer (Sophomore | 3.93 | Elementary Education)
- Sophie Peel, Mercer (Junior | 4.00 | Journalism)
- Kimberly Ferguson, North Florida (Senior | 3.77 | Health Science)
- Tiffany Creamer, Stetson (Senior | 3.82 | Psychology)
- Rachel Noble, Stetson (Sophomore | 3.89 | Sport Business)
* - Denotes unanimous decision